The Greater Cities Commission coordinated the reconvening of the Westmead Alliance at Innovation Quarter to foster collaboration and coordination across the growing Westmead community.
“The Greater Cities Commission will act as the convenor for the Westmead Alliance to build the connective tissue between the many organisations who have a stake in making Westmead a globally significant innovation district. The focus will be on delivering direct benefits and inclusive opportunities for the people of the Central River City,” Greater Cities Commission Executive Director, Westmead Health and Innovation District, Liza Noonan said.
Collaborative leadership is an essential factor in successful innovation districts around the world, and the Alliance will enable a unified voice and a long-term perspective.
The Westmead Alliance is key to capitalising on the research and knowledge embedded in Westmead to deliver a powerhouse of jobs, world class training and breakthrough innovation for sustainable growth and positive social outcomes.
The Westmead Alliance includes:
- Business Western Sydney
- Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta
- Children’s Medical Research Institute
- City of Parramatta Council
- Commonwealth Science & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Cumberland Council
- Deerubbin Local Aboriginal Land Council
- Greater Cities Commission
- Health Infrastructure NSW
- Property & Development NSW
- Schools Infrastructure NSW
- Sydney Children’s Hospital Network
- The Uniting Church
- University of Sydney
- Western Sydney Local Health District
- Western Sydney University
- Westmead Institute for Medical Research
- Westmead Private Hospital
Find out more from the Alliance members in the video below.