Social media community guidelines
We want to listen to the community about how we can make the Six Cities Region even better.
We’ll do our best to respond to you within three business days, however we may take longer during busy periods. We appreciate your patience.
As a public service agency, we’re apolitical and unable to respond to political commentary.
When commenting on our social media channels, we ask that you follow the guidelines below.
Members expect a place that is respectful, reliable, relevant and safe. We may hide or delete content that moderators consider to be:
- Abusive, offensive or unlawful: Harassment, bullying or provoking other community members, swearing, derogatory language and expression of views that are racist, sexist, homophobic, predatory or sexually explicit are not acceptable.
- Content we deem to be potentially defamatory or that violate privacy laws will be removed.
- Political in nature: While we welcome the discussion of policies and initiatives, it is not the place to discuss political parties and personalities.
- Misleading information or misinformation: Information that is false, unfounded or misleading, whether intentional or not, will be removed.
- An infringement of intellectual property rights: Respect and acknowledge original creators when sharing content.
- Promotional: We do not accept advertisements, requests to endorse commercial products or services or the soliciting of donations.
- Spam or harmful: Copied and pasted, duplicated or off-topic posts will be removed. We do not tolerate posts containing links to harmful or suspicious websites or applications.
- Personal details: As this is a public page, we will remove any posts that contain private information or personal details, such as email addresses or phone numbers.
A violation of the social media channel's terms and conditions.
If you breach these guidelines, we may block your account.
To create meaningful and valuable discussion, please stay on topic when commenting on content.
These guidelines were updated in July 2023.