The Greater Cities Commission helps to create good jobs closer to where people live, opportunities to attract world-class industry and talent, and make the cities more productive, liveable and sustainable for everyone who lives here.
Our six cities region includes the Lower Hunter and Greater Newcastle City, the Central Coast City, the Illawarra-Shoalhaven City, the Western Parkland City, the Central River City and the Eastern Harbour City.
Our role is to coordinate and align the planning that will shape the future of our region, accelerate the delivery of key innovation districts and lead discussion on major city-shaping issues.
The Commission is a statutory body and reports directly to the NSW Government. We are an independent agency within the Transport and Infrastructure cluster.
Our executive team
- Elizabeth Mildwater, Chief Executive Officer
- Annie Parker, Executive Director Tech Central
- Liza Noonan, Executive Director Westmead Health and Innovation District, Macquarie Park
- Sarah Winter, Executive Director Central Coast, Lower Hunter & Greater Newcastle
- Lee Mulvey, Executive Director City Plans
- Jenny Rudolph, Executive Director Region Plan
- Lyndal Hayward, Executive Director People and Corporate Services
- Wendy Were, Executive Director Thought Leadership and Engagement
As an independent organisation funded by the NSW Government, strong and accountable governance is core to our duty to transparently and responsibly serve the public interest.